Discussion Questions for The Body 1-7
The Body – Discussion Questions Chapters 1-7
Answer each part of the following questions in a complete paragraph (5-6 sentences). Use your book to reference specific scenes.
- The book opens with the statement “The most important things are the hardest to say.” Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not? What are easier things to say?
- What is the significance of the tree house? Why do the boys take such pride in it?
- Who brings up the idea of seeing Ray Bowers? How does the group find out about the body?
- In chapter 6, Gordie describes his family life. What do we learn about Gordie and his brother? What does the last line of the chapter tell us about Gordie’s mentality?
- Chapter 7 is a short story that Gordie wrote as an adult. Why do you think King put this story in the middle of the story about Ray Brower?