Jesus is Lord
1. Explain what the author means when he states that we know more about Jesus than we do other two Divine Persons of the Holy Trinity. In which was does this knowledge influence our profession of faith?
2. How is that the name "Lord" eventually supplanted the name "Yahweh" for pious Jews?
3. Why is it that Jesus was rarely referred to as Lord throughout the Gospels? Drawing from what you know about pious Judaism, why do you believe that Apostles failed to recognize who Jesus really was?
4. What changed? Which two events lead to Jesus being called the Lord of Lords?
5. What does the name "Lord" signify? Explain the authority, dominion, kingship and divinity of Jesus.